|Description||An ancient vase, freezing to the touch. |
Creates a large cloud of icy fog when placed.
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7 |
Heavy Containment Zone
|SCP-244-A = 3.9kg|
SCP-244-B = 3.4kg
|Pick-Up Time||SCP-244-A = |
|Obtainable from 914?||False|
|Article Link||SCP Article|
|Spawn ID||44 = SCP-244-A |
45 = SCP-244-B
SCP-244 is an SCP Item that acts as a portable environmental hazard that can be utilized by the player.
In-game, there are two instances of SCP-244 that can spawn: SCP-244-A and SCP-244-B.
The only difference between the two are their models, spawn mechanics and pick-up time.
SCP-244-A can be found in a Bulletproof Locker №7 located around the map. SCP-244-B has a 30% chance to spawn in a random room in Heavy Containment Zone. Unlike SCP-244-A, it will spawn fully activated, acting as a small environmental hazard.
Human classes can pick up, hold, and activate SCP-244 by pushing Left Click. When activated, SCP-244 will produce a large cloud of frost. The fog will cover a large portion of a room, but cannot pass through walls or closed doors.
SCP-244 will also activate upon being knocked over. This can happen by it either being thrown, dropped on an uneven surface, or if hit by an item while laying on the ground.
While in the fog, player vision is reduced and their weapon accuracy decreases. Their health will also begin to decay if they stay in the fog for more than five seconds. The amount of HP decay that takes place is dependent on how close a player is to SCP-244. The maximum amount of HP decay rate is 12 HP every 8 seconds.
The time to pick up an item is increased by two extra seconds while under the effects of the fog. Humans will move 5% slower and drain Stamina slightly faster as well.
The effects of SCP-244 are stackable if both instances of SCP-244 are used nearby each other.
SCPs under the effect of SCP-244 will no longer regenerate Hume Shield (shown by a red bar appearing on the Hume Shield bar). This will last for five seconds before the Hume Shield bar starts to decay at a rate of 15 HS/s (this drain is increased to 20 HS/s if under the effects of two SCP-244 instances). Their vision (apart from SCP-939) will also be greatly reduced while in the fog.
Once Hume Shield is depleted, SCP-244 will drain an SCP's health.
Each SCP, besides SCP-079, will receive additional effects while in the fog of SCP-244 besides Hume Shield Drain. The following effects are not stackable.
- SCP-049 - Increased attack cooldown by two seconds. Revive time increased by three seconds.
- SCP-049-2 - Increased attack cooldown.
- SCP-096 - Can't be triggered by looking at their face. Attacks are slower.
- SCP-106 - Increased attack cooldown.
- SCP-173 - Tantrum Puddles near the fog will disappear faster.
- SCP-939 - Increased attack cooldown.
|Equiping and deploying SCP-244|
- SCP-244 was first added as a temporary SCP in the X-Mas 2021 Event, where it was removed from normal gameplay after the event ended.
- It was later readded in the 11.2 update.
- Due to SCP-079's hitbox only ignoring certain damage types, such as firearms and explosives, SCP-244 being left in their room will eventually terminate them.
- The fastest possible time is around 5000 seconds, or 83.33 minutes.