|Special Ability||Melee attack|
SCP-049-2 is one of the seven playable SCP classes in SCP: Secret Laboratory.
SCP-049-2 acts as a support SCP, meant to swarm small groups of people, while also acting as meat shields for other SCPs.
SCP-049-2 instances only spawn when SCP-049 resurrects a dead player. Upon revival, the player will spawn where they initially died.
SCP-049-2 can attack by either pressing or holding Left Click. SCP-049-2 attacks have no wind-up but have a 1 second delay after being used. Their attacks only deal 40 damage, and will also break windows.
It is important to note that the hitbox for SCP-049-2's attack does not last the entire attack animation, and instead only lasts for the frame that the player clicked.
SCP-049-2 instances are more effective in swarms, being capable of easily overrunning smaller groups of players. This, combined with the fact that SCP-049-2s are rather nimble, makes them effective in hunting down groups of unarmed players.
While they are somewhat capable of attacking armed players, they are much more useful for acting as "meat shields" for other, more important SCPs (i.e. SCP-096 in its buildup state). They can also act as scouts, being able to get closer to humans unlike other SCPs like SCP-096 or SCP-106 who emit a unique audio effect that can alert human classes to their presence.
Similar to the other SCPs, SCP-049-2 is immune to the health draining effects of SCP-244.
SCP-049-2 can communicate with other SCPs by holding down the Q key. This voice chat can be heard by all SCPs regardless of the distance.
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Can be easily replaced if killed.
- Can take limbshot damage, which reduces gun damage by half.
- Power in numbers - can easily overwhelm small groups of humans.
- Has no special abilities.
- Vulnerable to headshot damage.
- Incredibly low HP when compared to that of other SCPs.
- All human factions share the same SCP-049-2 model upon resurrection.
- In older versions of the game, SCP-049-2s used to have T-posing models, which became a joke within the community for a long time.
- The model for SCP-049-2 is an altered version of the corpse ragdoll, which was used for every single playable entity in the game before the 5.0.0 update.