|Description||When worn, temporarily, makes you invisible|
unless it is interrupted by any user interaction.
|Usage||Makes the wearer |
temporarily invisible, requires recharging
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7|
|Obtainable from 914?||False|
|Article Link||SCP Article|
SCP-268 is an SCP Item that will make the player wearing it temporarily invisible to human players and certain SCPs.
When the player puts on SCP-268, the item will apply the Status Effect.
While under the effect, the user will be invisible to all other humans, and most SCPs (with the exception of SCP-939, SCP-096, and SCP-079). This effect will only last for up to 15 seconds, but can also be cancelled early if the player interacts with anything, or equips a Firearm. It will then require a 2 minute cooldown before it can be equipped again.
The cooldown for SCP-268 is player based and not item based, so while the cooldown may be in effect for one person, another person can use SCP-268 if they pick it up. This can also be seen by the fact, that if a user has multiple SCP-268 and uses one of them, the cooldown will apply to every instance of SCP-268 in their inventory (this can not be seen under normal gameplay since only one SCP-268 instance will spawn in a round).
For a more specific explanation, SCP-079 can always see SCP-268 users, SCP-939 can see SCP-268 users if they meet their vision requirements, and SCP-096 can see SCP-268 users if they are targets.
- SCP-268 is best used for evasion, in order to avoid/escape hostile players.
- SCP-268 can be used to ambush other players, making it a potent tool in the later stages of the game.
- Using both SCP-268 and SCP-207 is a very useful strategy, as it lets you quickly escape while undetected.
- Escaping as a Class-D with at least 2 SCP Items in your inventory grants the Property of the Chaos Insurgency achievement.
- Using/Equipping any healing item will not remove the invisibility effect.
- According to the SCP wiki, SCP-268 was stolen by an unknown individual.
- It would seem that this has either not occurred yet, the object has been recovered around the time the game is set, or that the events are not canon to the SCP: Secret Laboratory universe.
- The first time SCP-268 is used in game, it will grant the Chaos Insurgency one Respawn Ticket. Any other uses, even from other players, will not give Respawn Tickets.
- Instances spawned in with admin commands do not give tickets.