|Usage||Opens certain doors|
|Spawn||In random locations, cabinets and on certain classes|
|Spawn ID||0 = Janitor |
1 = Scientist
2 = Research Supervisor
3 = Zone Manager
4 = Guard
5 = Cadet
6 = Containment Engineer
7 = Lieutenant
8 = Commander
9 = Facility Manger
10 = C.I. Access Device
11 = O5 Keycard
Keycards are essential if a player wants to go anywhere in the facility, such as the checkpoints, gates, containment chambers, and certain doors and lockers which require them to enter/unlock.
There are currently 12 keycards existing in-game.
When hovering over a keycard in the inventory, a small group of squares are shown. These represent what the keycard can or cannot unlock, known as its access tier. Lit squares indicates that the keycard has the access tier, while dark squares mean that it doesn't.
It should be noted that while the O5 Keycard is the best keycard in the game, it is not the best idea to go for it as it takes some time to obtain. It is often best to stop at a Facility Manager Keycard or a Commander Keycard as both of these can open most doors, with the Facility Manager being able to open the Nuke and 106's CC; while the Commander card can open the Emergency Power Stations and Armories.
A lot of locations around Site-02 require a Keycard to open. Each door/object has an unique access tier granted to it. Keycards must have that tier to open said door/object. Bulletproof Locker №7 is the only object in-game that requires two different tiers to open. Below is a chart showing everything in-game that requires a keycard to open. The chart will show the name of the tier, the icon which represents that tier, and what keycards have access to that tier.
- Scientist Keycards spawn on Scientist Class.
- Guard Keycards spawn on Facility Guards.
- MTF Cadet Keycards on Nine Tailed Fox Cadets.
- MTF Lieutenant Keycards spawn Nine Tailed Fox Lieutenants
- MTF Commanders Keycards spawn Nine Tailed Fox Commanders.
- Chaos Insurgency Access Device will spawn on Chaos Insurgents.
LCZ Water Closet -WC
A Janitor Keycard and/or a Scientist Keycard will sometimes spawn in the LCZ Water Closet in 4 possible places:
Office - PC15
A Scientist Keycard will always spawn on a in the Office PC-15.
A Zone Manager Keycard will always spawn at the
A Scientist Keycard will always spawn in the Servers Room either on:
The behind the servers.
The near the corner.
Alpha Warhead Silo
A Guard Keycard will always spawn next to the Nuke Armory.
A MTF Lieutenant Keycard and one spawns in SCP-096's Room
Scientist Keycards and Zone Managers Keycards can spawn in located in both Light Containment and Entrance Zone.
- As Scientist, upgrading your card alongside a Class-D grants the Friendship achievement.
- Picking up an O5 Keycard grants the Overpowered! achievement.
- As a Class-D, killing a Scientist holding a card grants the NANI?! achievement.
- In older versions of the game, hovering over a keycard in your inventory would say what type of keycard it is, and what tier it was. For example, Janitor Keycard would say Containment Tier 1, Scientist Keycard would say Containment Tier 2, Commander Keycard said Security Tier 4. This was removed when the inventory HUD was reworked.
- Interestingly enough, the Chaos Insurgency Access Device was listed as Administration Tier 3, despite the fact it isn't an official Foundation Keycard. Meanwhile, the Facility Manager keycard was listed as Administration Tier 2. Because of this, there is no Foundation keycard that is Administration Tier 3 in-game.
- Scanning the QR codes on the keycards will give you binary. When translated the message will be "Secure. Contain. Protect."
- There used to be Polish versions of every keycard in-game. These versions were based off the older appearance of a keycard if they had one.