|Appearance||F1 Menu Art|
|Health: 100|| Walk: 5.4 m/s|
Nine Tailed Fox
|Chaos Insurgents |
|Spawn Location: Light Containment Zone |
Class ID = 8
Canon Name: Mr. Janusz
Scientists are a civilian class that spawn in the Light Containment Zone. Unlike Class-Ds, Scientists spawn with a Scientist Keycard and a First Aid Kit. Scientists will spawn near a random room (such as the Armoury or GR18) or a checkpoint.
In comparison to Class-Ds, Scientists have the upper hand due to the card that they spawn with. Because of this, Scientists typically either search for SCP-914 or a weapon to defend themselves. Scientists are also outnumbered at least 2-1 by D-Class at the start of the game.
Scientists must go to the Surface Zone to escape on the Gate B side. Near where Mobile Task Force respawn is a door that leads to the escape zone. When a Scientist goes down the ramp they will escape and respawn as a Nine Tailed Fox Scientist, dropping any items they had prior to escaping under them. This also provides NTF with one Respawn Ticket.
If the cuffed_escapee_change_team config option is set to 'true' on a server, a Scientist escaping while disarmed will then turn into a Chaos Insurgent. This will give Chaos two Respawn Tickets, effectively giving Chaos three more teammates in that round per disarmed scientist that escapes.
|Image||Room Name||Room ID||Image||Room Name||Room ID|
|LCZ/HCZ Checkpoints||EX A/B||LCZ Armory||##00|
|Glass Room||GR18||Water Closet||WC00|
The Scientist's main objective is to escape the facility by any means possible, cooperating with NTF and Facility Guards to make it to the exit.
After escaping and respawning as a MTF Scientist, the objective becomes the same as any other NTF Operative; re-contain all SCPs and terminate all Class-Ds and Chaos Insurgents.
- Escaping as Scientist grants the For Science! achievement.
- Escaping under 3 minutes grants the Escape Artist achievement.
- Upgrading your card alongside a Class-D grants the Friendship achievement.
- Killing an SCP as Scientist grants the If you want something done right... achievement.
- Killing 50 Class-Ds as Scientist grants the They Are Just Resources... achievement.
- Escaping under the effects of SCP-207 grants the High on the Wings of Caffeine achievement.
- As a Class-D, killing a Scientist holding a card grants the NANI?! achievement.
- In older versions of the game, Scientists used to glisten as if they were covered in glitter. This has since been fixed.
- The Scientist's name is Mr. Janusz.