|Appearance||F1 Menu Art|
|Class-Ds||Facility Guards |
Mobile Task Force
|Spawn Location: Surface Zone |
Class ID = 8
Chaos Insurgents will spawn in later during a round as a reinforcement group (The 3 different sub-classes will spawn with different items). Their goal is to rescue all remaining Class-Ds, and escort them to the Surface, while also eliminating any opposing forces left in the round (MTF, Facility Guards, Scientists, or hostile SCPs).
Chaos Insurgents win with a "Insurgency Victory" if the amount of D-Class escapes are higher than the amount of Scientist escapes, and all other Foundation Personnel are died.
Chaos can also choose to instead disarm Scientist and let them escape while detained. This will then turn the Scientist into Chaos, while also giving the Chaos two Respawn Tickets.
Chaos Insurgents are neutral to SCPs, meaning that both factions can choose to either co-operate or fight with each other. Regardless, Chaos Insurgents should still remain cautious of SCPs, as SCPs are required to kill any Class-Ds to achieve a "SCP Victory".
Upon spawning, the Insurgency has the advantage of surprise, as only the Class-D and other Chaos will be notified of their arrival via a subtle music cue (SCP-079 can tell if Chaos spawned by checking its map, but cannot hear the same cue).
However, this 'element of surprise' is more often ruined due to the loud and distinct noises of their boots while walking on the floor.
Related article: Soundtrack
The Chaos Insurgents spawn in waves of different subclasses. These subclasses have different gear and spawn chances that is based off the amount of players that respawned. Chaos Conscript only spawns by a Class-D or a disarmed Scientist that escapes.
The amount of players that spawned in as Chaos affects how much of each subclass will spawn in. The chart below shows the number of spawned players, and how they are divided into the subclasses.
|Num of Spawned Players||Repressor (≤20%)||Marauder (≤30%)||Riflemen (Rem.)|
Strengths and Weaknesses
- All subclasses with powerful, close-range weaponry.
- Each insurgent spawns with the equivalent of the Captain Keycard.
- Neutral to SCPs, meaning both sides could technically team to achieve either the SCP or Insurgency victory.
- Can easily be heard by the sound of their boots walking.
- Can easily be outmatched in long range fights, due to their weapon's lack of range and bullet spread.
- Respawning as Chaos will grant the CHAAOOOOS! achievement.
- Chaos Insurgents and SCPs can ignore each other, despite both of their objectives clashing.
- Prior to the 11.0.0, Chaos Insurgent sub-classes did not exists, and every Insurgent would spawn with a Logicer.
- The Chaos Subclass names were chosen by an event where Patreon would suggest them via discord, then they were voted on by staff and Patreons. The Conscript subclass was not originally planned and the idea was instead suggested by the Patreon user Bapple, with the name "Conscript" coming from a Northwood staff member.
- Conscript --> Ender
- Rifleman --> Splatn’t
- Marauder --> Cressent
- Repressor was adapted from the name "Suppressor" which was suggested by Mikel.
- The winner for the name for Rifleman was actually the word "Assault" and was suggested by CheeseChurger.
- It was changed as the devs wanted the word to be three syllables.
- For majority of 11.0 Beta, Maruader and Repressor were used on the wrong sub-class. With Repressor used on the Shotgunner and Maruader used on the Logicer sub-class. This was fixed during late public beta.