|Usage||Opens certain doors|
|Spawn||In random locations,|
cabinets, and on
|Obtainable from 914?||True|
|Spawn ID||0 (Janitor) |
2 (Research Supervisor)
3 (Zone Manager)
6 (Containment Engineer)
9 (Facility Manager)
10 (C.I. Access Device)
11 (O5 Keycard)
Keycards are essential if a player wants access certain parts of the facility, such as the armories, containment chambers, gates, SCP lockers, and other locked doors which require a Keycard to open. Different Keycards will open different doors depending on the Keycard's access tier.
Keycards must be equipped in order to be used. A player can either equip a Keycard via the inventory, or by pressing Left Control, which is the default hotkey button to equip a Keycard.
To use a Keycard, the player needs to be close to a door, and must press E on either the NFC Reader located next to the door, or on the door itself.
It should be noted that the correct access tier is required to open certain doors. If a Keycard does not have the required access tier, the door will not open.
When hovering over a Keycard in the inventory, a small group of squares are shown. These represent the keycard's access tier. Lit squares indicates that the keycard has that access tier, while dark squares mean that it doesn't.
There are currently 12 Keycards in-game. Below is a chart of every Keycard and what access tiers they have.
Each door/object has an unique access tier required to open it. Keycards must have the correct access tier in order to open said door/object.
Below is a chart showing the name of each tier, the icon for each tier, the doors each tier opens, and which Keycards have which tiers.
- Scientist Keycards spawn on Scientists.
- Guard Keycards spawn on Facility Guards.
- MTF Private Keycards on MTF Privates.
- MTF Sergeant Keycards spawn on MTF Sergeants and MTF Specialists.
- MTF Captain Keycards spawn on MTF Captains.
- Chaos Insurgency Access Devices spawn on Chaos Insurgents.
Water Closet -WC
A Janitor Keycard and/or a Scientist Keycard will sometimes spawn in the LCZ Water Closet in 4 possible places:
Office - PC15
A Scientist Keycard will always spawn on a in the Office PC-15.
SCP-914's Containment Chamber
A Janitor or Scientist Keycard will sometimes spawn on in SCP-914's Containment Chamber.
Glass Room 18
A Janitor or Scientist Keycard will sometimes spawn on in Glass Room 18.
A Janitor, Scientist, or Zone Manager Keycard will sometimes spawn in the Garden Chamber.
Testing Chamber 1
A Zone Manager Keycard will always in Testing Chamber 1.
A Scientist Keycard will always spawn in the Servers Room either on:
The behind the servers.
The near the corner.
Alpha Warhead Silo
A Zone Manager Keycard will always spawn next to the Nuke Armory.
SCP-049's Containment Area
A Zone Manager Keycard will always spawn in the back of the room.
A MTF Sergeant spawns in SCP-096's Room
Scientist Keycards [20%], Zone Managers Keycards [20%] and Janitor Keycards [10%] can spawn in located in both Light Containment and Entrance Zone.
- As Scientist, upgrading your card alongside a Class-D grants the Friendship achievement.
- Picking up an O5 Keycard grants the Overpowered! achievement.
- As a Class-D, killing a Scientist holding a card grants the NANI?! achievement.
- Multiple Keycards have gotten renamed throughout the game's development.
- The Research Supervisor Keycard was originally called the Major Scientist Keycard.
- The Private Keycard was originally called the Cadet Keycard, and before that it was called the Senior Guard Keycard.
- The Captain Keycard was originally called the Commander Keycard.
- The Sergeant Keycard was originally called the Lieutenant Keycard.
- Prior to the 11.0.0 update, the Containment Engineer Keycard had access to both the Intercom and the Alpha Warhead Activation Room.
- Scanning the QR codes on the Keycards will give you binary. When translated the message will be "Secure. Contain. Protect."
- There used to be Polish versions of every Keycard in-game. These versions were based off the older appearance of a keycard if they had one.
- While the view model shows the keycard being held vertically, the 3rd person animation shows the Keycard being held horizontally.
- Additionally, the 3rd person animation of holding a Keycard causes the player's left arm to freeze, causing it not to move in conjunction with other animations.
- In older versions of the game, hovering over a Keycard in your inventory would say what type of Keycard it is, and what tier it was. For example, Janitor Keycard would say Containment Tier 1, Scientist Keycard would say Containment Tier 2, Captain Keycard said Security Tier 4. This was removed when the inventory HUD was reworked.
- Interestingly enough, the Chaos Insurgency Access Device was listed as Administration Tier 3, despite the fact it isn't an official Foundation Keycard. Meanwhile, the Facility Manager keycard was listed as Administration Tier 2. Because of this, there was no Foundation keycard that was Administration Tier 3 in-game.