Does less damage
to Humans than to SCPs
|Spawn Locations||LCZ Armory |
Weapon Locker Type 21
On MTF Operatives (except Privates)
|Obtainable from 914?||True|
The High-Explosive Grenade is a type of Weapon in SCP: Secret Laboratory. It is a throwable explosive device used to deal damage to opponents within its blast radius.
After throwing, the High-Explosive Grenade has a timer of five seconds before detonation. Players damaged by the High-Explosive Grenade will be given both the and Status Effects. The time these effects last depends on range, with point blank range being ten seconds.
By holding down Left Click and not releasing it, the player will not toss the High-Explosive Grenade and keep holding onto it, allowing the player to aim and better time their grenade toss. It is important to note that this will not cook the grenade as the five second fuse only starts once thrown. Killing a player who is currently aiming a High-Explosive Grenade will cause it to fall to the ground and start its fuse as its pin has been pulled.
The maximum damage a High-Explosive Grenade can deal is 900 to SCPs, with a base damage of 300 to humans. Its range is fairly small, as being 1.5 meters (2 Hubes; approximately the size of an elevator) away will reduce damage a lot.
Doors and walls block off all damage from the High-Explosive Grenade. However, most doors will get destroyed if a High-Explosive Grenade explodes near them (the exceptions are checkpoint doors, gates, elevators, SCP-106's Containment Chamber door and any door on the Surface).
The High-Explosive Grenade's blast can also push other items and set off other High-Explosive Grenades, which could, in some situations, cause a chain-reaction of multiple High-Explosive Grenades going off (simultaneously).
High-Explosive Grenades are highly lethal to SCPs. They are one of two weapons, the other being the Micro H.I.D., to ignore SCP-106's damage resistance.
By pressing R before the grenade is thrown, the player will reinsert the pin, cancelling the throw.
- Weapon Locker Type 21 (Small Cabinets) [16.6%]
- 3 in the LCZ Armory [100%]
- On all MTF operatives except the MTF Private
- Killing yourself with a High-Explosive Grenade grants the Look! I'm a Rocket achievement.
- The former name of the High-Explosive Grenade was the Fragmentation Grenade and had a model of such.
- Despite being a Fragmentation Grenade, it simply caused a normal explosion, which is how a High-Explosive Grenade works. An actual Fragmentation Grenade, when it explodes, will send out shrapnel in multiple directions to hurt its targets.
- Before the 7.0.0 update, it was called the Positron Grenade, and had a futuristic look.
- This version of the weapon had a bright blue flash when it exploded, and could damage through walls.