|Description||Superball able to bounce with extreme efficiency.|
|Usage||Bounces around, gaining momentum and|
damage with each bounce. Single use.
|Spawn||Bulletproof Locker №7|
|Obtainable from 914?||True (Can't be upgraded)|
|Manufactor||Blam-O MFG Co|
|Article Link||SCP Article|
SCP-018 is an SCP Item that can be used for offensive purposes. It can be used to cause a lot of chaos and destruction.
When equipped, it can be thrown by pressing Left Click. Once thrown, SCP-018 will bounce around the room it was thrown in, dealing damage on impact. As it gains momentum, it will gradually accelerate and deal increasingly more damage, break any glass that it hits, and, at high momentum, break down any normal door (i.e. not gates, SCP-106's CC doors, or the Alpha Warhead door on Surface).
After 80 seconds, the object will exit Site-02 by exploding through a wall.
A dropped SCP-018 will also activate after it gains enough momentum (most commonly as a result of an explosion or being dropped from too high).
It should be noted that SCP-018 is capable of damaging teammates, regardless of whether FF is turned on or off. However, there is a ten second grace period once SCP-018 is thrown, where it will not damage teammates. After that, it will be able to damage teammates.
This allows SCP-018 to be safely thrown in a group, giving your team enough time to retreat before they begin to take damage. It also prevents a player's teammates from using SCP-018 as a shield, by just sitting in a room while SCP-018 bounces around them.
- If bounced at a correct angle, SCP-018 will bounce perpendicular between 2 points, effectively preventing anyone from passing through temporarily.
- SCP-018 can be used to open locked doors, if thrown correctly. This is useful to players who do not have appropriate keycards, or in late-game scenarios, when SCP-914 becomes inaccessible.
- SCP-018 is potent as a crowd control weapon, able to deal huge amounts of damage to a squad of Chaos or MTF. It is especially potent when used in an elevator or similar confined space, as it will most likely kill everything inside.
- SCP-018's is extremely effective at countering SCP-079's ability to interact with doors, as it can break multiple doors down in a large range.
- This is extremely useful to stop SCP-079 from using their Blackout ability, as any room that has a destroyed door can not be Blackout.
- Escaping as a Class-D with at least 2 SCP Items in your inventory grants the Property of the Chaos Insurgency achievement.
- During development, a placeholder sound was used for the bouncing noise the ball makes. This was one of the senior managers saying "reeeee".