|Release Date||6 Jan 2021|
|Previous Version||Next Version|
We've just released the new 10.2 update! With its arrival, we say goodbye to the Christmas update, and start a new year.
This new update brings along a slight rework to our “LocalAdmin” system. This includes a new console, error logging and other config options.
There is also a new "quality of life" implementation. The “Fast Restart” feature means that users will no longer be fully disconnected when a server is restarting its level. Instead, they will be placed back on the "waiting for players" screen. This will result in a shorter waiting time..
Door Refactor & API Changes
As part of version 10.2, we've done a complete refactor of our door system. This was some of our oldest code. Doors were prone to suffer from bugs, both during level generation, and in-game. To fix these problems we rewrote their code from the ground up, for long-term stability.
For most people, this won't affect the game too heavily; except fixing some bugs that have existed for a long time. There are also a few features that were implemented as a result of the stabler code, which you can find below. This greatly affects the door code itself.
Due to the full refactor of the door system, much of the game's internal code has received significant adjustments. Plugin developers, or server hosts using third-party plugins, should be aware of this, and update their mods to work with the new version.
For the complete changelog, please see the list below.
- Added console- and error logs.
- Added a config option, disabling printing stdout and stderr (errors and Unity debug messages) in the LocalAdmin live-view (while leaving them in the logs).
- Added an automatic restart after server crash (you can disable this in config).
- Added log retention (it's possible to configure LA to delete, and/or compress old LA and/or round logs).
- Added server configuration wizard.
- Added idle-mode state indicator in the title of the LocalAdmin window.
- Doors in the airlock room can be destroyed. If one door is destroyed, then the other behaves like a normal door.
- Both airlock doors lock open during Alpha Warhead detonation.
- Checkpoint doors can be destroyed, but only through Remote Admin. They're immune to being destroyed under normal conditions.
- Prison doors (in the Class-D Cells) are now destroyable.
- Many doors have been renamed.
- SCP-173's containment-chamber door automatically opens at the end of its locked phase,if there is an SCP-173 inside. The player no longer needs to open it themselves.
- The doors to SCP-106's control room, and the Alpha Warhead control room, now require several strikes from SCP-096 to destroy.
- Fixed issues related to door generation, such as doors clipping through walls, hovering above the ground, panels floating away from the wall, and many more.
- Fixed checkpoint doors getting stuck during Alpha Warhead detonation and LCZ decontamination.
- Fixed doors sometimes being invisible or unopenable.
- Changed HID room door to correct model.
- Doors now utilize a completely new script, DoorVariant, that inherits from IInteractable. Different types of doors have separate scripts - BasicDoor, BreakableDoor, and so on.
- The old door script has been marked as obsolete. It exists within the code, but is not used, and will likely be removed in a future update.
- A new interaction system has been implemented. The NetworkBehaviour it uses is attached to the player prefab, and is called InteractionCoordinator. This has been in the code for a while, but we're just now starting to implement it. Doors utilize this system.
- “RandomSeedSync” is no longer a player component. It has been refactored into “SeedSynchronizer”, and added to the Game Manager prefab. Seeds will now always generate above 0 - negative numbers are no longer valid map seeds.
- Added fast, round restarts.
- Added functionality allowing users to fully restart the server without kicking players (softrestart command).
- Added a config key allowing the enabling of automatic server restarts with a specified amount of rounds.
- Changed volume and distance of the checkpoint alarm.
- Removed Christmas update.
Thank you for your continued support, and Happy New Year!
~ Northwood Studios