|Description||Blinds your enemies.|
|Deletion % in||High Tier (0%)|
|Spawn Locations||LCZ - Armory |
Weapon Locker Type 21
|Obtainable from 914?||True|
|Manufactor||Eagle Tactical Solutions|
|Inspired by||CTS 7290 Flashbang.|
The Flashbang Grenade (or the ETS FG02 Flashbang) is a type of Weapon in SCP: Secret Laboratory. It is a throwable explosive device used to temporary blind any opponents that were near the grenade when it goes off.
The Flashbang Grenade can be thrown a long distance by pressing Left Click, or a shorter distance by pressing Right Click.
After being thrown, the Flashbang Grenade takes 2.8 seconds to go off (It is possible to hold down the throw button, but this will not cook the grenade. It simply allows the player to have more control over timing. It will still take 2.8 seconds to explode after being thrown). Players affected by the Flashbang Grenade will be given both the and Status Effects. Players will also be given the , but this effect last the same time as the Flash Effect, making it hard to notice.
The Flashed and Deafen Effects can last up to a max of five seconds. This time can be lowered by turning around to avoid the Flashbang Grenade. The effectiveness of turning around depends on how far away the player is from the Flashbang Grenade.
Being three meters away or less, turning around will barely lower the time the effects last.
Between three and five meters away, turning around will greatly lower the time of most effects.
At five meters away, the Flashed and Blinded effects are completely negated when turned around.
At ten meters away, the Deafen effect is complete negated when turning around.
By pressing R before the grenade is thrown, the player will reinsert the pin, cancelling the throw.
- It is possible to call the number on the Flashbang Grenade's model. Doing so will give a joke pre-recorded message that is not related to the game. The number is the following: "248-434-5508". You must be in the United States for this to work. We do not take responsibility for any oversea charges you could receive by ignoring this warning.
- The Flashbang Grenade is based on the CTS (Combined Tactical Systems) 7290 Flashbang.
- The manufacturer of the Flashbang Grenade (Eagle Tactical Solutions) was based on the company name, "Combined Systems, Inc." (aka "Combined Tactical Systems").
- Originally, all MTF Ranks would spawn with a Flashbang Grenade. This was changed in the MegaPatch 2 (v9.0.0) Update.
- Before Flashbang Grenades were added to the game, an item called the Smoke Grenade existed. This grenade would spawn execlusive on the Chaos.